See Jane Knit

Friday, January 06, 2006

Crawling out from under my rock... 

A few words up front: No, I am not dead. Yes, I still knit. Yes, I still have a computer. I am just a big slacker.

That's about all I've got for excuses as to why I haven't updated in such a long, long time. I'm sure no one wants to hear any more grovelling, but suffice it to say, I have been rather busy. This is going to be a pretty perfunctory post, but atleast it's new. Now then, on to the knitting, yes?

I have almost finished my Christmas knitting. Dad's hat, long done, has been given to it's intended recipient, who seems very pleased with it. My sister's Mini-Sweater only need to be seamed and have a button sewn on, and then it will be done. My mom's scarf on the other hand, is taking a while. It is also a pain in the but, because what she wants changes by the moment. But I'm still knitting away on that.

Santa, on the other hand, was very good to me, so I have plenty of other things to knit. I recieved a set of Denise needles from my mom, and let me tell you, they are everything they are cracked up to be. I don't know how I survived without them for so long. After Christmas, I went to Oklahoma to visit my grandmother, and discovered a yarn store having a storewide 25%-off sale. Everything was 25% off, except for things that were marked. Those were 40% off. Yeah, I just about died after walking in the door.

So I bought a whole lotta yarn! And I mean alot. Not only at that store, but also at another store in Oklahoma, and a store in Hollywood. The total ran to: 7 balls Karabella Aurora 8 in deep copper, 3 balls Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in fuschia, 6 balls Noro Silk Garden in green-grey-blue-black, and 2 balls Rowan Spray in grey-blue-cream/yellow-sprayed-with-red. Oh, and a pair of sz 6 40" Addi Turbos. The Rowan has already become a simple seed-st scarf (that was on-the-plane knitting). I plan to use the Silk Garden for a Clapotis, because I might as well just swallow my pride and jump on the damn bandwagon. I think the DB might become some kind of scarf, but I'm not really sure. And the Karabella? Well, that's already becoming Veronik Avery's Cabled Bandeau from the current issue of Interweave Knits. I'll show some pictures of that later, as well as some of the stuff I've finished recently.

But for now I think I'm going to go and caress all my lovely yarn. Ohhh the yarn.... I'm almost all yarn-shopped out.

...ALMOST!
|
- - - - - - - - -
invisible